The Best and Brightest recently named Herman Miller, which is part of the MillerKnoll collective, to their 2021 list of Michigan’s Best and Brightest in Wellness Winners. The program recognizes companies that promote well-being, worksite health, and wellness.
Winning companies are evaluated by SynBella, the nation’s leading wellness systems firm and are assessed based on benefits and programs, incentives, leadership, employee input, and company culture/environment.
Herman Miller has made the list for Michigan’s Best and Brightest in Wellness for the past decade.
Aside from dental, vision, and a variety of medical benefits, Herman Miller offers its employees several free resources and programs that center on health and well-being including:
- Employee Assistance Program – a program through Health Advocate designed to help employees navigate and balance work, life, and personal responsibilities
- The Source – a nonprofit in West Michigan that helps employees and members of their household overcome barriers
- Strive – a platform that helps improve health and well-being by providing challenges and learning opportunities for physical, emotional, and financial health
- Well-being Reimbursement – A monetary reimbursement for gym memberships, participation in athletic events, athletic equipment, fitness classes, nutritional counseling, financial literacy programs, and much more
- Teladoc – a virtual tool delivering affordable and convenient health and medical service
Many Herman Miller facilities in West Michigan have onsite health clinics where employees can receive physical exams, be treated for work-related injuries, and receive urgent and preventative care.
To support mental and emotional health, private retreat rooms for relaxation, meditation, prayer, or lactation are accessible to employees as well as free onsite counseling and resources for off-site counseling.
About Herman Miller
Herman Miller is a globally recognized leader in design. Since its inception in 1905, the company’s innovative, problem-solving designs and furnishings have inspired the best in people. Herman Miller is guided by an enduring legacy of design, innovation, and social good. In 2021, Herman Miller and Knoll created MillerKnoll, a collective of dynamic brands that comes together to design the world we live in.
MillerKnoll is a collective of dynamic brands that comes together to design the world we live in. MillerKnoll includes Herman Miller and Knoll, plus Colebrook Bosson Saunders, DatesWeiser, Design Within Reach, Edelman Leather, Fully, Geiger, HAY, Holly Hunt, KnollTextiles, Maars Living Walls, Maharam, Muuto, naughtone, and Spinneybeck|FilzFelt. MillerKnoll is an unparalleled platform that redefines modern for the 21st century by building a more sustainable, equitable, and beautiful future for everyone.