At Herman Miller, we’re committed to designing a more equitable and sustainable future for all. Driven by our strategy, we’re working to create stronger communities, a healthier and more inclusive workplace, and a greener planet.
Our Better World Report covers our corporate social responsibility efforts to design a better world.
Here’s a quick summary of what we're doing:
- Our CEO Andi Owen signed the CEO Action for Diversity and Inclusion Pledge and we named four Fellows to the CEO Action for Racial Equity Fellowship.
- We published a series of Actions we’ll take to become a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive company. Read more about our progress.
- We made Election Day a paid day off and Global Day of Purpose where our employees spent the day voting and volunteering in their local communities.
- We re-envisioned our Equity Teams, making them more global and inclusive.
- We restated our company’s Purpose and Values.
- We stepped up to serve our communities around the globe during COVID-19 using creativity, collaboration, and hard work to help stop the spread of the coronavirus—and keep our communities healthy.
- We continued our work with NextWave, successfully incorporating ocean-bound plastics into our products and packaging, including our latest sustainable textile collection, Revenio, made of 100% recycled content.
- We continue to support nonprofits with a shared purpose, including our recent collaboration with Hip Hop Architect Michael Ford through the Conversations for Change series and his Seat at the Table Program.
- Our employees spent a total of 16,377 hours volunteering in our local communities, over 50 of our dealers worldwide joined Herman Miller Cares on philanthropic initiatives, and we awarded 20 scholarships annually to children of Herman Miller employees.
- We hosted over 25 virtual employee education sessions on racial injustice and various intersectional topics and also hosted our first Day(s) of Understanding in partnership with CEO Action for Racial Equity.
Read the latest Better World Report for more.